Molybdenum Rod, Molybdenum Bar
Molybdenum Rod, Molybdenum Bar
Molybdenum rod, also known as molybdenum bar, is a long, cylindrical metal bar made of molybdenum, a refractory metal known for its excellent mechanical and thermal properties. Molybdenum rods are commonly used in a wide range of industrial applications that require high-temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, and good electrical conductivity.
Molybdenum rods are available in a variety of sizes and dimensions, ranging from small diameters of a few millimeters to large diameters of several inches. They can also be customized to meet specific requirements for length, diameter, and surface finish.
Molybdenum rods are often used as heating elements in high-temperature furnaces, as well as in the production of electrical contacts, vacuum tubes, and other high-temperature components. They are also used in the aerospace and defense industries for their ability to withstand extreme environments.
Molybdenum rods can be fabricated using a variety of techniques, including forging, rolling, and extrusion. They can also be machined to precise dimensions and surface finishes using cutting and grinding tools.
Molybdenum Rod Properties (Theoretical)
|Melting Point||2623 °C|
|Boiling Point||4639 °C|
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
|Electrical Resistivity||5.2 microhm-cm @ 0 °C|
|Heat of Fusion||6.6 Cal/gm mole|
|Heat of Vaporization||128 K-Cal/gm atom at 4612 °C|
|Specific Heat||0.0599 Cal/g/K @ 25 °C|
|Thermal Conductivity||1.38 W/cm/K @ 298.2 K|
|Thermal Expansion||(25 °C) 4.8 µm·m-1·K-1|
|Vickers Hardness||1530 MPa|
|Young's Modulus||329 GPa|
|Materials||Molybdenum metal/TZM/MoLa Alloy|
Molybdenum Rod and Molybdenum Bar Specifications
Diameter: 0.125 inches ~ 4.0 inches*
Length:< 10 feet
Pure Molybdenum (Type 361), Molybdenum TZM (Type 364), Mo-Lanthanoxid (ML)
*If the diameter is <0.125”, please check our Molybdenum wire.
Molybdenum Rod Surface
- Cleaned: The surface is chemically cleaned to remove all lubricants and oxides.
- Black: The surface is either as swaged or as drawn and retains a coating of processing lubricants and oxides.
- Ground: The surface is center-less ground to remove all coating and to achieve precise diameter control.
Surface Oxide Removal Method
- Molybdenum products have the characteristics of easy oxidation. When heavy oxides need to be removed, use strong acid (fluoric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc.) to treat. Please pay attention to the operation.
- Mild oxide with the addition of an abrasive cleaning agent, with a soft cloth or sponge, wipe and then wash with warm water.
- Cleaned molybdenum products will lose the metallic luster, please pay attention.
Molybdenum Rod Applications
- Used to manufacture electric vacuum devices and electric light source parts.
- Suitable for processing ion-implanted parts.
- Used as the high-temperature heating element and high-temperature structural parts.
- Used as the electrode of the furnace in the glass and refractory fiber industry. It works in 1300℃ molten glass and has a long life.
- Used as an electrode in the rare earth industry
We handle our products with care to ensure they remain in their original condition during storage and transportation and to preserve their quality.